BookFest is a celebration of books and major fundraiser for Elmdale. Funds raised go towards educational resources and programs for our students.
BookFest takes place in the gymnasium at Elmdale Public School. Please enter off Java Street, just west of Clarendon (follow the signs for BookFest). Click here for a map to BookFest.
Further details on BookFest
Thursday, February 23rd – Elmdale Exclusive Event
- Private showing/book sale for students and teachers during the school day.
- From 3:30pm to 9:00pm, all Elmdale students, teachers, staff and parents are invited to an evening of shopping (Elmdale only, not open to the general public)
Friday, February 24th
- Doors open to the public 9:00am to 9:00pm
Saturday, February 25th
- Doors open to the public 9:00am to 4:00pm
BookFest 2017 poster!
Please feel free to print & distribute throughout the community (click on image below for full size)
We need help in the following areas
- SEND IN YOUR BOOKS!!! Book collection starts Monday, January 23rd! The more books we collect, the more funds we raise towards educational resources and programs for our students. Prizes are awarded for the top collector classes!!
- BOXES!!! Whether from the grocery store, LCBO (wine boxes are the perfect size), or from your house, we need more boxes!! Bring them into the front hall by the office, or the stage in the gym.
- SORTING!!! Come any day, any time (during school and Mothercraft hours) onto the stage in the gym, and help sort some books. Everyone is welcome. The stage has signs, so that you know where to put the books. Even 5 minutes can really help. Parent volunteers must sign in and out at the front office.
- VOLUNTEER for a shift. February 23, 24 & 25 we need you to help out either on cash or the bake table. Shifts are short, you can pick whatever times fit your schedule: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e094aaea82aa75-elmdale8
- BAKING – Many people love buying a treat when shopping for books. Any baked goods are appreciated. Whether home made of store bought, it must be NUT FREE. Sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e094aaea82aa75-elmdale11
Important Points to Remember
- BOOKS DROPPED OFF AT THE STAGE – Books may be dropped off directly at the stage in the gym. Please remember to attach a note to your donated books indicating the number of books, your child’s name and class, and the date so that they may count towards your child’s class tally.
- BOOKS WE ARE ACCEPTING – Adult and Children’s Fiction and Non-Fiction, CDs, DVDs, Games and Puzzles with all pieces, Workbooks and Colouring books.
- BOOKS WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING – Textbooks, User Manuals, Encyclopedias, Magazines, VHS tapes, Travel and Guide books over 5 yrs old.
Prizes for the top book collector classes will be awarded to one primary class and one junior class. There will also be a random draw for a third class – every 25 books brought into a class earns a ticket for the random draw. In keeping with idea of promoting literacy and love of books, every student from the winning classes will receive a coupon for a free book from BookFest plus a Friday afternoon visit from the cupcake fairies.
Back this year – Book Raffle will consist of “book packages”. Students will be able to buy raffle tickets for a chance to win a “book package”. Each package will be labelled with a number. Students will write the number of the book package they want to win on their ticket.
Thank you for your support of BookFest 2017 – we can’t do it without you!
Contact Traceylyn at email@example.com with any questions